Steamed Chicken Curry and Steamed Yogurt Pudding | Steamed Food Recipe
Let's start a healthy lifestyle - Steamed Chicken Curry and Steamed Yogurt Pudding
- Chicken Breast - 2, cut hasselback style
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Red Onion - 1 chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 5 green chilies or accordingly
- ⅓ cup cashews
- 1 tsp while chili powder/ or pepper powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- ½ cup coconut milk
Steamed Yogurt Pudding/ Bappa Doi
- 1 cup thick strained yogurt
- pinch saffron
- ¼ cup condensed milk
- Toasted pistachios - 3 tbsp
- In a pan add oil, let it get hot. Add the cumin seeds and let it pop. Add the onion and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes until the onion is slightly golden brown. Add the green chilies, cashews and fry for another 3 minutes. Sprinkle chili powder, garam masala, salt and let cool. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken breast. Cut it as you hasselback a potato, go about ¾ of the way. Doing this will ensure the sauce soak inside the chicken.
- Take a steam proof dish and pour the masala paste in it. Add the coconut milk to it. Mix well and check for salt.
- Preheat the steamer.
- Place the chicken in one layer and keep in the steamer, cover it.
- Steam for about 30 minutes to 40 minutes.
Bappa Doi or Steamed Yogurt Pudding
- In a mixing bowl, add the hung or thick yogurt. Add the saffron and condensed milk, mix well. Pour it in ramekins and place it on top of the rack. Cover and steam for about 40 minutes